A good education will bring success no matter where you go
Elite Preparatory Academy has been approved by the Student
and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) of the Department of Homeland Security
to issue I-20 for foreign students to attend our school with an F-1 visa.
TOEFL, SSAT, or SLEP is helpful but not required. However, upon enrollment, students will take an assessment test to determine if English as a Second Language (ESL) course will be required and a placement test to determine any makeup classes that may be needed.
The grade the student was accepted into may not be the grade the student is allowed to attend. It all depends upon the evaluation of the students by their teachers and school officials.
Students graduating from our school have been accepted by the following colleges:
Stony Brook University
The College of New Jersey (TCNJ)
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
University of Washington
University of California
Arizona State University
University of Utah
Penn State University
City University of New York (CUNY)
State University of New York (SUNY)
Ohio State University
Steven Institute of Technology
The cost of attending the Elite Preparatory Academy depending upon room and board arrangement, academic achievement, TOEFL score, and others may vary from $14,000 to $35,000 USD per year.
For U.S. Students living with relatives the tuition is $14,000 per year plus lunch, and student insurance. Lunch is $1,000 per semester year or $10 per meal. Student health insurance is $2,000 per year.
ESL, if required is $7,000 per year for students whose TOEFL IBT score below 60
Scholarship is available and is granted based upon the students' grades, achievement, and English proficiency.Students with TOEFL IBT score over 70 is eligible for scholarship.
In addition to paying the tuition and fees, students attending Elite Prep are required to contribute 200 volunteer service hours per year. Volunteer services will include cleaning, yard work, help in kitchen and cafeteria.
First, click here to download an applicaton package
and then, follow the following steps:
Step 1 – apply for admission
- Fill out the application for admission
- Attached the most recent school transcripts - scanned document is acceptable
- Submit application fee $200. We accept credit card, check, or wire transfer
- Email the information and document to Admissions@ElitePrep.us
- I-20 and admission letter will arrive in two weeks or express mail for $50 extra
Step 2 – prepare for visa interview
Step 3 – Visa Interview
Bring the following to Visa interview –
- I-20 and admission letter
- Completed I-134
- Bank statement and other financial documents
Please click here for tips on how to get the F-1 student visa
- bring as many documents as you can to convince the consul that you can afford to study in the U.S. and that you plan to come back after your study in the U.S. Documents such as employment letters of your parents, your siblings, friends and relatives, houses and/or businesses your family own, photo of you and your family, friends, relatives, etc. All of these document will help to prove that you have a very strong tie to China and that you will have no reason of not coming back.
- And be prepared to make your case when you have the opportunity to speak. Don't just respond to the Consul's questions with yes and no answer. Tell the Consul why studying in U.S. is so important to you and why you choose Elite Preparatory Academy. Remember getting a visa is not a matter of right, you have to act with sincerity and present your case in good faith.
Step 4 – Wire the Deposit after F-1 visa is granted
Wire a non-refundable deposit of $21,000 plus $25 wiring fee to the school account within one week after your visa is granted or your I-20 will be terminated. The $21,000 desposit is required for all students regardless whether or not the student sign up for room and board. The deposit will be used to offset the tuition and other fees. Any balance will be refunded upon student's graduation.
Step 5 – prepare to come
Bring the following with you or buy it here locally:
- Clothing for all season and occasion
- Gloves, Shoes, sneakers, socks, towels, soap, shampoo
- Hygienic products – tooth brush, tooth paste, etc.
- Pens and pencil
- Bed sheet
- Desk lamp
Book airline ticket to fly to Newark, New Jersey
Notify us your flight number, arrival time
We will pick you up at the Newark airport free of charge.
Pickup from JFK or LaGuardia Airport is available for $200 per person.
The spring semester starts on 1/14/2013. You may come earlier at the cost of $700 per week or $150 per day which includes room and board and tuitions.
In order to be considered for admission, the application and all supporting documents must be received by the following dates: (scanned document is acceptable)
Fall semester (starting in September) – July 31
Spring semester (starting in January) – November 30
To graduate from Elite Preparatory Academy, student, in addition to what is required per school's graduation requirement, will have to score 60 or higher on TOEFL.
We look forward to seeing you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Jimmy Hwang, Principal
Following are some useful link for current students:
Click here for information on how to renew your expired F-1 visa
Click here for more information about renewal of expired F-1 visa
Please click here to see the photos of our recent events and share the memory with your friends